Sea cucumber has been used for centuries as a Traditional Chinese Medicine. It delivers an impressive amount of nutrients and beneficial compounds, including protein, antioxidants, and B vitamins.
Health Benefits of Stichopus Japonicas Sea Cucumber
Sea cucumbers are rich in protein, niacin, and riboflavin and contain substances thought to influence human health, including:
• Chondroitin sulfate (a substance found in human cartilage)
• Coelomic fluid (a compound that functions similarly to white blood cells in humans)
• Palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acid (fatty acids with potent antioxidant effects)
• Squalene (a compound that acts the precursor to steroids)
• Triterpenoids (a class of compounds thought to slow cancer growth)